Friday, July 24, 2009

2 weeks

Ryan turned 2 weeks old this past Monday. I took him to the doctor for his check-up, and he's doing great! He's weighing in at 9 lbs 4 oz!! He's eating great, obviously! It was my first outing with 2 kids all by myself. It was an interesting day, but we survived. It's tough because when I drive to Lubbock (about 1 hr away), I want to get all my errands done. So dragging a 2 1/2 yr old and a newborn around Lubbock all day, plus 2 hours in the car makes it a little stressful. Not to mention that we were in the doctor's office for an hour and a half! But considering all that, Taylor did really well and Ryan just sleeps through most of it!

Ryan is such a sweet baby. We are so blessed!! It looks like he's still going to keep those blue eyes for now...they are much more blue than Taylor's ever were. And we've also noticed that he's got lots of red tones in his hair. I think he'll definitely be blond, but maybe strawberry blond!! He has a dimple on his right cheek that's really deep. Taylor's is on her left cheek, so as they get older, I'll have to put Ryan on Taylor's right when I take pictures so their dimples are on the outside (ha!). We are loving having a boy and are so thankful that he's healthy and happy!

Taylor is still doing really well with all of the changes. She's had more potty accidents than normal and pushes my buttons a bit more sometimes, but I was expecting all of these things. Yesterday, she opened a bottle of nail polish (hot pink, of course) and spilled a big blob on the carpet. I'm actually surprised that this is the first time it's happened! A new change with Taylor is she's starting the understand the whole "making friends" thing. Our neighbors have a 6-year old girl that loves to play with Taylor. They play at each other's house all the time. The thing is, I don't think Taylor understands that she's not as old as Alana. I have to remind her of this, especially when we are at the playground and Taylor thinks she can do all the things Alana can. It's fun to see her with friends, but sad also. Mom and Dad are no longer her favorite play-mates. :-)

Of course, I have pictures to share of my sweet kids!!

I love the onsie Ryan has on (a hand-me-down from Cooper). It says (Not) 2 Little 2 Dunk



















Before church on Sunday









6 comments:

Chrissy Cross said...

I love these pictures! It seems like only yesterday Cooper was that little. I can't wait to see Ryan again! (Oh, and you guys too!)

Ashley said...

So sweet. Glad you are doing well!

Jennifer said...

Yeah for big boys! Lovin' having one at our house too! Enjoy!

Shanta said...

I'm glad things are going good for you guys. I'm a little nervous about being on my own for the first time this week! I think about you often! I love the pictures! Taylor is such a big girl all grown up! Congrats again guys.

Amy said...

Ohh, sweet babies!! I'm a terrible friend for not seeing you at the hospital. Hang in there... those trips to lubbock will get easier! Call me next time you are there and I'll run around with you!

Amy said...

They are adorable! Great pictures