Monday, July 13, 2009

Ryan Update

We made it through the first week!! Ryan is a wonderful baby and Taylor has done great with him. She was holding him the other day and he was fussing a little bit. She started singing rock-a-bye-baby and he stopped crying and just stared at her. It was too precious for words...I've got to get it on video! She has seemed to just go right on with life as if nothing has changed, which is great! You'll notice that most of the pictures of Ryan are of him asleep...gosh, I don't remember Taylor sleeping this much. I'm sure she did, though...you just forget these things. :-) We are loving being a family of four and soaking up all of Dustin's time-off right now.

We went to the doctor Friday for his weight and color check. He was a little jaundice, but not enough to worry about. When we left the hospital Wed he was 8 lbs 6 oz. On Friday, he was up to 8 lbs 8 oz already!!! That's my big boy...he's a great eater! Enjoy the pictures!

This cute onsie is from my friend, Ashleigh

All wrapped up after his bath...robe from Brad, Kari, Tin and Kelc

First bath
More bath

Aunt Staci came to visit!

Sleeping on Daddy's chest

My boy's...melt my heart!!

Aunt Staci brought Taylor this baby doll in an infant carrier so she can carry her baby like Mommy will carry Ryan when he gets big enough.

Can you tell how much she loves the doll?! She rode to the playground with it and played!


Sweet sleeping boy!


Everyone commented that he looks like Taylor. I think he looks more like his Daddy...especially with eyes open! I'm hoping for blue eyes!!

9 comments:

Libby said...

Oh goodness, melt my heart! He is just beautiful! Love the baby carrier...so cute!

Kristin said...

He is too precious!! I'm so glad things are going well...thanks for the update!

The Brays said...

He is beautiful. Of course I have only seen pictures, but I think he favors Taylor too. I am so happy everything is going so well.

Robby and Lynsey said...

I'm so amazed that you have posted twice already! Way to go! Your family is so beautiful. :) Enjoy, enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Ryan is such a handsome healthy boy. Ya'll did a good job. Taylor will be a good big sister, she is growing up way too fast though.
Love ya'll,
Pop Pop

Amy said...

He is very cute! I love the cheeks.

April Carrasco said...

I am so, so happy for you guys! He is so precious! I love the cheeks, makes him look like his sister. I want to squeeze him :)!!

April Carrasco

Chrissy Cross said...

What a precious boy! And, congrats on being an aunt again today!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures Allyson! He is a cute little boy and he has a cute big sister to take care of him! We're proud for ya'll.
Linda and Steve