Saturday, September 13, 2008

It's a Bird, It's a Plane, No It's Scorpion Woman

Well, I had an interesting Thursday this week!! Taylor and I were about to take a shower together, and I had set her on the potty. We were out of toilet paper, so I reached under the sink to get a new roll. Suddenly, my fingers were on fire. I pulled my had out of the cabinet to find a SCORPION attached to two of my fingers...just dangling there! I shook my hand like crazy, while screaming at the top of my lungs!! It flew off, I snatched Taylor off the potty and went running into the living room. I grabbed Dustin's flip flop and headed back to the bathroom to smash it. As I was beating it to death, my daughter was in the hall watching me and yelling, "Kill it momma. Kill it!" After I killed it, I called Dustin. It stung like crazy and I was panicking! I ended up calling a clinic in Slaton and they told me to call poison control. As we thought, the scorpions here are not poisonous. They just hurt like crazy!! The guy at poison control explained some possible symptoms I might have and urged me to take some ibuprofen and benadryl, which I did, but I ended up fine! I've had none of the other symptoms. That afternoon, during Taylor's nap, I was sweeping the kitchen. I swept under the cabinet and another one came running out. I screamed again, and killed it. Needless to say, we are having our house sprayed.

I would like to share the email that my dad sent me. Taylor doesn't like this picture of mommy and my niece, Britten, asked Lindsay, "What's wrong with Aunt Ally?" Everyone else has gotten a big kick out of it. Hope it makes you laugh...

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh goodness. that would scare me. I do love the comic book picture though.

Thanks for the card this week. I love and miss you, friend.

Kerry Kern said...

OMG I have found two scorpions in my house too, both of which were in the bathroom, scares me....glad you are ok!!!

Alisa Palmer said...

is that the price you pay for living in the country? roaches in the city, scorpions in the country - don't know which I prefer - maybe scorpions - at least they're cool. but EEEEW you touched it! love the comic book picture - that should be yall's christmas card, haha.

Amy said...

I would have freaked out!! Your dad is hilarious. You make a great superhero!

Chrissy Cross said...

Hey girl, I had fun tonight, and the picture is pretty funny. Hope Taylor gets feeling better soon!