Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My Big Girl...sort of...

There have been some major changes in the Wall house over the last week. A week ago Monday, Taylor told me she needed to "poop" in the potty!! And she did! When she was done, I told her that we needed to go put her diaper back on. She told me No More Diapers! I've always heard that your kids will tell you when they are ready to potty train. I just didn't know it would be THAT blunt!! So, Monday afternoon, I put her in big girl panties and she's been in them since. We have a few accidents a day, but she's doing GREAT!!! Also that evening, Dustin and I decided she was ready for her big girl bed. She LOVES it and is still sleeping great! One night last week, she fell out twice, but went right back to sleep. Yesterday morning, Dustin found her sound asleep on the floor. Overall, though, she's doing great! Unfortunately, she is showing NO signs of being ready to get rid of the paci! I will probably work on that in a few weeks. I don't want her to have too many changes at once. She may be 40 before she gets rid of it, the way she loves the loves the stupid thing! For now, though, I will rejoice in all those trips to the potty!!!

Here are some pics of the big girl with her panties on in her new bed!




And a few from yesterday. Love her hair!!






9 comments:

Ashley said...

SO cute! Way to go Tay-Tay

Alisa Palmer said...

oh Allyson, she is so precious! You must be very proud!

Marta said...

Congrats on the big girl!!! She needs to come motivate Sutton to get rid of diapers! :) Taylor is such a cutie!

Shanta said...

Yay Taylor!! We are so excited for you guys. She is absolutely precious as always.

Sara said...

Allyson, she is so freakin' adorable. Precious pics. And cute bed!

Amy said...

I'll help Taylor get rid of the paci if you potty-train Charlie. :) She's such a big girl!

April Carrasco said...

That is great! Go Taylor! I love the pics. We already miss you guys!

Libby said...

That is so awesome! Yay, Taylor!!! She is absolutely adorable, love the pics...

Amy said...

She is SOO cute!!