Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Gall Stones, Cheetos, and a Cute Outfit

So, how's that for a title?! Well, I had my gall bladder removed on Monday. It was very inflamed and had 3 very large stones (about the size of marbles) in it. I have the stones in a jar in case anyone is interested in seeing them. They are GROSS! I have 4 holes in my belly, one of them in my belly button. The recovery is going pretty good, so far. I can't pick up Taylor, which has been hard, but I've been getting on the floor and playing with her some. I was really sick yesterday, but I'm finally holding food down today! It's nice to be able to eat something. I also got to shower, which was great! So, I am on the road to recovery!!

Taylor had her first Cheetos the other day. She really liked it! She was really sad when it was all gone and I didn't give her another one!

This is the cute little outfit that she wore to church on Sunday. It's another hand-me-down from Britten. You can click here to see pictures of Britten in it when she was 8 months old, also. Lindsay found this exact outfit in 18 months, so while we were in Georgia, we dressed the girls in them and took pictures. The film is still in my camera. I need to get it developed.

Taylor is really trying to repeat what we say. She says ma-ma, da-da, bye bye, and hello quite often. It is so cute! She also growls...yes, growls. And does it very loud! She knows we think it's funny because she smiles at us after she growls. She is growing and changing all the time. I am afraid she will be cruising along the furniture before I know it!






10 comments:

Libby said...

Oh my gosh! Grace growls too! She sounds either like an 80-year old smoker or a pirate, we can't figure out which...I hope the recovery gets better, we'll be thinking of you...btw...Taylor is pretty darn cute!!

melissa deaver said...

Hope the road to recovery goes smoothly. Taylor's got the right idea about the cheetos. . .mmm.

Ashley said...

I totally forgot about your gall bladder surgery! I hope you are feeling better.

Taylor is so sweet and so fun! I need to play with her again soon!

Anonymous said...

I still think you need to make some earrings with the gallstones.
Taylor sure is growing up and changing everyday. Looks as if she likes Cheetos!!!

Anonymous said...

She didn't get that messy when Staci and I gave her a cheeto! Both Taylor and Britten look cute in that cute outfit. Can't wait to see both of them together! Hope today finds you feeling even better than yesterday. i love you!

April Carrasco said...

I hope you are continuing to feel better. Taylor is just too cute!

Robby and Lynsey said...

Sorry you had to have surgery ... sounds like the pits. HOpe you continue to feel better.

I just want to pinch Taylor's little cheeks!! She just keeps getting cuter and cuter.

Kayla said...

Taylor is precious in that outfit! I'll be praying for a speedy recovery - Taylor will need you chasing after her very soon!

The Steffens said...

I love the cheeto pictures. YUMMY! I can now be your surgery sister! haha. LOVE YOU ALL!

Kerry Kern said...

Oh I hope you feel better...