Friday, April 20, 2007

Pet Peeves

I am behind on the blog topics. Last weeks topics was your pet peeves. Here are some of mine...

1) Gum smackers. I hate it when people smack their gum! I can't focus hardly at all on what they are saying or what might be going on around me because I'm so distracted by their gum smacking! Please be polite and chew your gum with your mouth closed. :)

2) I get so frustrated when people drive the wrong way down the isles in parking lots. Come on people...pay attention to the arrows or the way that the cars are facing!

3) Along the same lines, I hate it when people take up two parking spaces or park so close that you can't get back in your car. Here's a story...when I was pregnant (and BIG pregnant and in a dress), some snotty little college girls parked their 4-runner so close to me that I couldn't get in the drivers side door. So, I stood outside by the car waiting for them to come out. It was in the middle of the summer and hot so I finally gave up and climbed my big pregnant butt (IN A DRESS) from the passenger side to the drivers side. I waited in the air conditioning until the girls came out and gave them a piece of my mind. Pregnancy hormones were BAD! Don't park too close to me...plus, what if it was a little old lady and she couldn't get in!!! :)

4) Bad grammer is another of my pet peeves. Jamie posted this one on her blog, so I sort of copied it. The one I hate the most (my mom pointed this out to me years ago) is when someone calls the floor inside your house the "ground" and the ground outside the "floor."

So, those are my biggest pet peeves. I'm sure I have more that I can't think of right now.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Hilarious. You are one of the nicest people I know. I cannot imagine you getting mad at those girls, but then again, pregnancy is a funny thing.

I agree with ALL of your pet peeves.

Averi said...

Who does that? Who calls the floor the ground and the ground the floor? HAve I ever done that? Please hit me if I do.
Love the parking story. That is awesome.

Kerry Kern said...

Love the story, and yes it is very rude to park like that, you go girl!