Friday, February 09, 2007

5 Songs

I have joined in with a group that blogs about a different topic every week. These topics help us get to know each other better and learn new things that we don't already know about each other. This weeks topic was to list your 5 favorite songs or 5 most memorable songs. Since I have NUMEROUS favorite songs (so many I just can't choose 5) I chose my 5 most memorable.

1) Strawberry Wine by DeAnna Carter - Oddly enough, this song reminds me of many basketball trips in High School. We may have been tough on the court, but we were some really "girly" girls off the court. We would sing on the bus (after the game of course, and only if we won). This song was sung every time. I LOVE it still!

2) Tyler by The Toadies - This song reminds me of High School, particularly some CRAZY times with Brooke Meador and Yvonne Osuna. I remember always listening to this in Brooke's car, "Happy" the Honda. Anytime that I hear it, I think of those silly girls and some of the wild times that we had!!

3) Champagne High by Sister Hazel- This song brings back college memories from my Soph and Jr year. I lived in a townhouse with two awesome girls, Amy and Ashli. We all 3 loved music and would burn lots of CD's. This was one that we listened to A LOT!! If you haven't heard the words, pay attention. I had no idea what it was about for the longest time.

4) I'll Be by Reba McEntire - Most of you know or have heard me talk about my cousin Kristin. I sang this song at Relay for Life one year. It makes me think of her and all she went through battling and beating cancer. She was so young, yet so strong!! She will always be my hero!!

5) God Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts - Before this song became popular (or even played on the radio, I think) Dustin heard it on Launchcast. He downloaded the guitar tabs and sang it for me on our second anniversary. It kind of became our song! So, this song makes me think of my WONDERFUL hubby. He is so many things to so many people...husband, daddy, friend, brother in Christ, teacher, coach, and mentor, just to name a few. I love you, honey!!

3 comments:

Averi said...

I know the Happy Honda! It was Nicole's car, too! It pushes very easy (and quietly) in neutral)

Ashley said...

GREAT Songs!

You are so cool!

Through the Eyes of Kenda said...

How sweet is that about God Bless the Broken Road!! I am going to go on iTunes and listen to Champagne High and the one by the Toadies as I don't think I have heard them. How sweet about Kristin! Brought tears to my eyes...I forgot you did that. What a sweet cousin! Hilarious comment by Averi. She is such a bad girl!