Monday, October 30, 2006

To Taylor

I wrote this letter to Taylor two days before she was born. Dustin took these pictures of us yesterday after church. I thought that the pictures and the letter were fitting to go together.



October 14, 2006

Dear Taylor,

As I await your arrival, I can’t help but think of all the things the future holds. I first wonder what you will look like. What color will your hair be? Will you have fat cheeks, dimples, full lips, and a round nose? Will you be really long or will you be short? When will you first roll over, get your first tooth, and say your first word? When will you take your first step? What will you be like as you get older? Will you be a prissy little girl or a tomboy? Will you want to cheer and dance or play basketball and rough house with the boys? All of these things make me so excited about the future! I promise to cherish each day and each moment as its own. I want to enjoy these moments with you and not look ahead. Taylor, your daddy and I are already so blessed to have you and we both thank God for you!

We promise that we will raise you in a Christian home. We want to instill values in you that will please our God. We promise to teach you about your Creator, and the love He has for YOU! We promise to teach you about His Son and the sacrifice He made for YOU! I pray that you may have a tender, compassionate heart. I pray that you will have a giving spirit. I pray that you will be a light so that others may see who makes you glow.

Taylor, as your mom, I know there will be times when you don’t like me very much. I pray that you understand that anything I do to upset you is done out of love for you. You are a precious life that God has given me and asked me to look after. It is my vow to raise you in a way that will make God happy. Taylor, I love you so much and I always will.

Love,
Mom

7 comments:

Robby and Lynsey said...

These are such sweet pictures (and words). i love her little outfit! :)

Amy said...

Man...make me cry why don't you!

April Carrasco said...

That is the most precious picture. I love the purple bow and precious dress! You look so great Allyson! I hate that I missed her first day at church but was glad to see you at the Festival.

Anonymous said...

What an awesome prayer from an already awesome mom! As YOUR mom, I pray that you will continue to be convicted each day as you raise her, that you indeed cherish each moment ---even the tough ones --- that together with Dustin and Taylor, you make wonderful, fun memories. Most of all, I pray each day finds your family closer to the one who created you all!

Shanta said...

Allyson- that was so touching! She will love reading that when she's older.

Anonymous said...

How sweet are you! And seriously, you look fabulous!!! As always, Taylor is beautiful

April Carrasco said...

I'm concerned, it has been a couple of days since we have seen new pictures. I need to see one of Taylor in her pumpkin suit!