Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Bathroom Blues and Fun Pictures

I have to blog about a crazy experience I had Monday in a McDonalds bathroom. I blog 1)Because I want to be able to remember these experiences I have with my family and 2) Because I want to share my crazy experiences with other mom's that I know understand and can laugh at the crazy things that come with being a mom.

On Monday, the kids and I headed to Lubbock to go to the doctor for their second round of the H1N1 vaccine. The day was good, hectic hauling 2 kids around Lubbock, but good. We finished our errands, and Taylor and I needed to potty and I needed to change Ryan's diaper before heading home. I stopped at McDonald's (first mistake)! Ryan is now in a "big-boy carseat", so I have to carry him in. I was thinking that I would buckle him into the diaper changer while Taylor and I used the bathroom. Of course, someone was in the stall with the diaper changer, so we waited. While we waited, Taylor kept asking, "What's taking so long? Why are we waiting?" and things like that. I had to go so bad, so finally I gave up waiting. Taylor, Ryan and I went into the open stall and I laid t.p. down on the potty with my free hand (my other arm was holding my 21 lb son!). I picked Taylor up onto the potty, with strict orders not to touch anything! She pottied, I unbuckled my belt and pants with my free hand, and used the restroom with my son on my lap...I had no other choice!! I got Taylor's pants pulled up, then realized I couldn't buckle my pants with one hand. I checked the other stall, and it was STILL occupied! So, I took one knee on the bathroom floor and set Ryan on my other knee. I had Taylor hold him under his arms and balance him on my knee so I could quickly button my pants. Then we had to wash hands. It wasn't happening for me, but I lifted Taylor with my free hand and she put soap on her hands. She clapped her hands together and got soap in her eyes. She was screaming, Ryan was laughing and jumping in my other arm and my cell phone was ringing. I grabbed t.p. (of course there weren't any paper towels, just hand dryers) and wiped the soap out of Taylor's eyes. We rinsed and dried her hands and headed to the car. I changed Ryan's diaper in the car and we headed home. I was exhausted and I thought my arm was going to fall off from holding Ryan for so long! My 36 minute jog that night when I got home was much less exhausting than my 1o minutes in the McDonald's bathroom!! Lesson learned...bring your stroller and put the baby in it when going in a public restroom!

Here's some more pictures of my sweet kiddos...

Ryan sleeping after his shots
Pretty blue eyes!

At the doctor


The coaches in the girls locker room. The theme was staying alive!



Taylor with her daddy's picture




Taylor had to have a Valentine's picture with Meagan and Morgan

This picture looks just like a picture of Dustin when he was this age!

Playing with his frog from Grandpa and Grandma


Our snowman
Taylor making a snow angel

Taylor and Cali with the snowman they helped build

My sweet Valentine
Taylor with her frog puppet from Uncle Mike and Aunt Betsy

Before Wed night church


Taylor decided she was an artist last week and wrote all over her's and Cali's legs with pen. After having a chat about what we use pens on, I had to take pictures!


6 comments:

Jennifer said...

oh girl, i feel you on the public potty front! we've done that a few times as colby has been out of his carrier since he was 3 months old and abs started potty training when he was about 4 months old! i always end up in bathrooms that don't even have the baby changing thing! we have a little umbrella stroller for just this reason, but it never fails that it is NOT with us when nature calls on the 2 yr old! good times as a mommy!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great pictures those blue eyes of Ryans' sparkle. The picture of Taylor making snow angels make her look so big and remind me of when y'all were little. Enjoy now as they are growing up quick.
Love,
Pop Pop

Libby said...

Oh my goodness, I was laughing a wee bit with the bathroom story...not so much laughing at your misery, but laughing b/c it sounds oh so familiar! What precious babies you have, the pics are so cute!

Chrissy Cross said...

What a great story!! I have bathroom experiences like that all the time! I am glad I am not the only one! LOL!

Vanity Units said...

The babies are adorable!

Anonymous said...

Naked litt6bitch
You copped a nasty gangbang
Did they hurt your little holes baby?
DON'T tell me they tried double anal on you Mmmmmfuk yeah nasty little slut I want to abuse you so bad
Fakkkkkkk
Ahhh Fakkkkkkkk baby
U fucking little whore i bet you can take 10 men at the same time
You gonna have to bitch RAPE that little bitch mmmm