Wednesday, September 12, 2007

8 Things

I was tagged by my friend Kristin to list 8 things about myself that you may not know. For those of you that know me, I am a pretty open person and you probably know most everything about me. :-) I've really thought hard and here is what I came up with...

1) I think I posted this before, but thanks to Terry Newton (my preacher growing up) I can say the entire books of the Bible in one breath. I hadn't actually tried this recently until the other day, but I've still got the skills!

2) I hate going ANYWHERE without make-up on. I keep kids in my home, but almost always have make-up on by the time the first child gets here (even if it's at 6:15 am). I did go to Wal-Mart the other day without make-up on...shame on me!

3) Most NORMAL people chew on their fingernails. I, however, chew on the skin around my fingernails. I know, it's totally disgusting!

4) I absolutely hate being scared. Dustin thinks it is the funniest thing to scare me really good! He loves to turn the light out at night and wait to get into bed so that I freak out wondering where he is. He'll jump at me out of nowhere...ugh! It makes me so mad!!!!

5) Most of you probably know this, but I am SUPER competitive. Whether I am playing basketball or some other sport, or even a card or board game, I HATE to lose! It took lots of relaxing for me to play tennis with Dustin and just have a good time and not worry about winning.

6) I love to be the hostess. I love getting my house ready for a party, cooking a good meal, and having friends over. I don't know why, it's just one of my favorite things! I also love to try new foods that I've never made. I made my first lemon meringue pie for my dad's b-day a couple of weeks ago, and I must say, it was really yummy!

7) I competed in power tumbling for about 5 years growing up. During that time I went to many state meets, competed in 2 Nationals meets in Louisiana and Illinois, and qualified for the World meet in Germany. I was not able to go to Germany, but qualifying for it was pretty cool! I could flip all over the place. I was best at trampoline, but enjoyed floor and double mini also!

8) I have a teflon button in my knee. When I was a Soph in high school I tore my ACL playing basketball. I tore mine off the bone (instead of in half like most people do), so the doctor reattached my ACL instead of reconstructing it. He used a teflon button to attach it with in the shape of a heart.

I tag the following people to complete this...
Amy
April
Ashley
Libby
Lindsay
Kristin F.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Man, I will try to think of 8 things to say that the world doesn't know about me yet.

You, my friend, are welcome to try out recipes on me any day!