Thursday, August 23, 2007

Update

Wow!! It's really been a LONG while since I've posted. Well, a long while for me, anyway. Lindsay and Britten were here for 3 weeks and we loved every minute of it! Taylor and Britten really had fun together. Britten is so smart and at such a fun age! We spent quite a bit of time with them while they were here. Taylor also experienced her first ear infection, which turned into double ear infections. NOT FUN! At the same time, Dustin had an eye infection, sinus infection and strep throat. So, I had two babies to take care of in the evenings and 5 kids during the day. I was wiped out and so grateful when Dustin was feeling good and able to help again!

Dustin and I had planned a date night a few weeks in advance. Pop Pop was going to keep Taylor overnight. Dustin was still not feeling well at all when the date night rolled around, but I REALLY needed a break. So, Taylor still stayed with her Pop Pop and Dustin and I stayed in, ate fast food and watched a movie. It was really pretty nice!

I have started keeping more kiddos again. They are all new kids this fall, except for Taylor and Thatcher. Most of them are part-timers. I have Mason, an 18 month old 3 days a week, Hunter (most of my blogging friends know him) a 3 year old 3 days a week, and Jadyn, a 2 1/2 year old all 5 days a week. I'm back to crazy busy days, but to me so worth it to be home with my precious baby!

Onto my baby (whose not really a baby anymore)...Taylor turned 10 months old last week. I planned to take pictures of her last Saturday at the park, but the rain kept us away. I'll try again this weekend. She is crawling everywhere and very quickly now! She's talking all the time, which amazes me and can "sort of" sign please and more. She eats pretty much anything we do and is drinking from her own sippy cup now. She really is growing too fast! Even though I spend most of my time chasing her everywhere, I love the stage she's in. It's so cool to see her discover and learn new things all the time.

Not to bore you any further, here are some pictures from today. The first few are of Hunter and Jadyn wearing sombreros. These kids are so funny!



And here are Taylor and Thatcher hanging out on the picnic table. They can both climb all the way on top of the picnic table now and have no fear of falling. I sense some major bruises in the near future...
Check out their little feet dangling under the table :)
I kept telling Taylor to give Thatcher a kiss and every time I said it, she put her arm around him and put her head on his shoulder. They are so cute together!
By this point, I think Thatcher had had enough cuddling from Taylor for one day. Check out his expression!


9 comments:

April Carrasco said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
April Carrasco said...

Great picyures! I love seeing the Lord continuing to provide for you.

April Carrasco said...

that would be great pictures . . .

Anonymous said...

Taylor is getting so big. That's a cute picture of her and Thatcher. He might be figuring out the whole girl germ thing already.

Marta said...

Awesome pictures! I cannot imagine how tired you must be at the end of the day taking care of all those kids! I'm worn out with just my two at the end of the day.

Averi said...

THa tlast pic cracks me up! He is so done with her! The one with her head on his shoulder is so cute. It is a framer. I need to buy more frames.
I think you have some great kids this fall. If Hunter's mom is reading this: Your sone is so cute and so polite! Teach me your mad mom skills!

Averi said...

Wow, it looks like I really can't spell after this week.

Ashley said...

So Sweet! I know you are such a blessing to your sweet Taylor and to the kids you keep (and their moms) You have the patience of Job, my friend!

I am so glad you and Dustin had a night at home alone. Those are the best!

Robby and Lynsey said...

I adore their cute little feet dangling underneath the table and the last picture especially. Very funny.