Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Bookworm?!

I have always loved to read books, but this summer, I really flew through them!! I generally have some down time in my day IF I can get all the kiddos to sleep at the same time (which usually does happen, suprisingly). During that time, I quickly clean the kitchen, load up the dishwasher, wipe down the bathroom, then sit down to eat and read. Here are a few of my new favorite books and authors...


1) Meg Cabot. She is very much a "girly" author. I have read Queen of Babble, Boy Meets Girl, Every Boys Got One, Size 12 Is Not Fat and have recently finished Size 14 Is Not Fat Either. The books are hilarious. Shout out to my friend, Ashley, who has gotten me addicted!




2) Ted Dekker. He is a Christian fiction author that writes thrillers. I've read Showdown, House, Obsessed and my favorite is Three. Three came out in movie form also and is really good! He does a fantastic job of tying in the book at the end to religion.




3) Karen Kingsbury - I've just started my first novel of hers...Redemption. I've heard of her books from Ashley and Kristin F. I'm only half way through this first one, and I can barely put it down!! She is also a Christian fiction writer. If you like fiction, read this!!!


So, does anyone have any other suggestions? I'm always looking for a good book!


4 comments:

Marta said...

You should read Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry. It's not a fast read but it is an awesome story and Wendell Berry is one of the best authors I've ever read. I usually whip right through books and made myself read this one slowly. I was sad when it was over. You feel like the characters are real people and you've become friends with them.

Averi said...

I don't remember the last time I had time to read/enjoy a book. Oh wait! That was before Thatcher....

Unknown said...

Every one says the books "Twilight" is amazing. It is a series of 3 by Stephanie Meyer. I have the first one, but havent read it yet!

Larissa said...

It was good to see you today! Taylor is so cute!

I will have to look into some of those books. I've never actually heard of any of them, and I'm always looking for something new to read that is good!