Wednesday, July 25, 2007

No Pirate's Here

We went to the eye doctor on Monday to check Taylor's eyes. Her pediatrician referred us because she thought Taylor might have a lazy eye. She said if she did, she would wear a patch over her good eye to correct the lazy one. I am glad to report that Taylor's eyes are great. We will not be having a little pirate! I use to notice in my baby pictures that my right eye goes in. I still notice it occassionally in my pictures now. The eye doctor said that Taylor has the same bone structure I do in the nose and eyes. He said that she also has no bridge on her nose yet and that gives the illusion sometimes that she is cross eyed.

Oddly enough, on Sunday, the day before we went to the eye doctor, she had lots of green gunk in her left eye. It was also really red and swollen. The doctor said it might be pink eye, an eye infection, or a cold in her eye. He gave us some drops. It spread from her left eye to her right on Tuesday. Let me tell you how fun it is to give a 9 month old drops in both eyes!

In other news, our little munchkin is crawling everywhere. She's been "trying" for some time now. On Sunday, she decided it was no big deal and started crawling all over the room. She also sits up in her bed and pulls up to her knees when she wants out. This makes nap time a little more difficult!

Here are some pictures from last night...Taylor's first experience with a basketball! She's already got the ball-handling drill down perfect and we're working on triple threat!




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those sure are good pictures of her especially the first one where you can see her teeth. I guess it's never too early to teach her ball handling. It won't be long and maybe if Lindsay moves back ya'll can do start up another PIPS program.

Libby said...

I'm glad that there is no need for a patch, but, on the other hand, she would have been the cutest pirate ever! Looks like she's on the way to being a basketball star!

Melody Forest McKee said...

Your baby still would have been cute with a patch :)

Anonymous said...

She is so darn cute!

Kristin said...

Yay for no pirates!! All though, I'm with Melody and think she still would have been pretty darn cute! :)
BTW I love the basketball pictures....those are GREAT!!

Kayla said...

She looks like a basketball star in the making to me! Too cute!

Ashley said...

I am so glad her eyes are okay. She is such a sweetie

Kerry Kern said...

She is a doll!!!!

Jamie Pitman said...

I love the lighting on the basketball pics! She is precious!

Kim said...

Triple threat, wow haven't heard that in a while, so funny!! She is a doll looks like a lewis girl for sure!!!