Friday, May 11, 2007

Thanks Mom!

This weeks topic is a tribute to our Mom's. Here are some of many reasons why my mom is awesome, as well as some fun memories! I love you, Mom. Happy Mother's Day!

1) She is a baby whisperer. She has a way with babies, which means she was great with me when I was a baby, since I don't really remember that. I love watching her with Taylor!

2) Growing up, she never missed ANY of my sporting events. From the countless gymnastic meets, to summer league, AAU tournaments, Little Dribbler's, cross country, basketball, and track, she was ALWAYS there! It felt so good to always have that support!

3) She is great at standing on her head. I know this may not seem like something you would love about your mother, but it takes me back to lots of fun memories. Mom always knows how to have fun and laugh and still does!

4) She is super-woman!! Mom always kept a clean house, cooked supper and juggled everything else going on in our lives.

5) Last and most important, my mom is an amazing Christian woman and example to me. I am inspired and encouraged by her faith!

Here are some of my favorite memories with mom...

1) Running down 13 flights of stairs at a hotel in Dallas because the fire alarms were going off!

2) Going on a mission trip together in Singapore.

3) Lots of road trips together for AAU tournaments in Amarillo, ACU basketball camp, and tumbling meets all over the U.S. We had a lot of fun travelling and staying in hotels, singing, getting caught in a police parade, and sight seeing.

4) Spending the second week of Taylor's life together. Dustin had to go back to work and mom came over and stayed with us that week. We had fun scrapbooking and hanging out with my precious newborn. She also kept my house clean and let me nap when I didn't think my eyes would stay open for another second.

5) Shooting together in the gym all through Jr High and High School. I spent LOTS and LOTS of weekends, especially in the summer, shooting in the gym because I wanted to improve my game. I can't imagine how many basketballs mom rebounded for me!

6) Fun vacations. I loved going on vacation! The beach in Galveston is a favorite of mine!

3 comments:

Jennifer Adling said...

Good entry...she sounds like a special lady!

Averi said...

How sweet is that? Isn't it true that mom's are even better when you become a mom!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Ally....your MOM is such an amazing lady. I am lucky to have her in my life as well with great church camp memories!