Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Weekly Blog Topic

I chose the blog topic for this week and had trouble b/c it seemed everything I could think of had already been done. So, I chose your most embarrassing moment or moments. Gosh, I could post about so many different things...tripping and falling (which happens frequently), peeing my pants b/c I laughed too hard, or saying something totally stupid before thinking it through first. I've narrowed it down to these two stories...

1) About 3 1/2 years ago, I had a membership at Gold's Gym. I was taking a Tae Bo class that I had taken many times before. The first 30 minutes of class is the group kicking and punching, just like you see on "Billy Blank's Tae Bo." The last 30 minutes of class are broken up into stations with partners. The stations focus on raising then lowering your heartrate, therefor burning more calories. For instance, the first station would be jump rope, then arm curls, then quick feet, then wall sits, etc. I was about halfway through the stations and doing wall sits when I started feeling dizzy. I asked my partner (whom I didn't know) if I looked pale. She got up and walked over to the instructor. Heaven forbid that I quit the wall sits!! The instructor came over and looked at me and said we needed to walk to the other side of the room where it's cooler b/c I was as white as a ghost. Next thing I know, I am sitting in a chair all the way on the other side of the gym with some muscle head repeating, "Miss drink this...Miss, Miss." He was handing me orange juice. Apparently I passed out in the middle of the gym and the instructor practically carried me to a chair on the other side of the room. You will be proud to know, though, that I did go back to the class and never passed out again!

2) My second story is sort of embarrassing for me just b/c I was involved and get embarrassed easily for others, but really it's more embarrassing for the guy in the story. Hang in there...it's kinda long! 3 of my girlfriends and I decided to go to Bleacher's one night. I was in college and single at the time. We were having a good time when this guy from a table close by to us said we should go over and join them. We were hesitant at first since we didn't know them and he was being really forward, but then my roommate realized that their dad's knew each other. So, we joined them at their table. Later, we were getting ready to leave, and they said we should all go swim in their above ground pool at their house. So, we got directions, went and got our swimsuits and met them at their house. The guy that had come up to our table and I were talking and he seemed nice. I was complaining about it being too hot in the pool, so he thought he'd be cool and set me up on the side. When he did, he set me too far on the edge and I fell about 5 feet onto the grass. He was so embarrassed and apologetic. But this isn't the best part. We were leaving and he wanted to get my phone number. He was standing with his back to the hallway and his roommates were in their rooms. So, when something fell to the ground, I just assumed his roommates threw something at him. Then, he bent down, picked it up, and put it on his head. I stared for a second trying to figure out what happened when I realized it was a toupee!!!! I believe his exact words were, "First I threw you out of the pool and now this. I think you should go." Needless to say, we never exchanged numbers and I never saw him again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh!!!! Both are funny stories. I probably have more that you could use too.

Amy said...

HILARIOUS!!

Dustin and Allyson Wall said...

OMG Staci. I totally forgot about that time, but I sure remember it! It was like you fell in slow motion.