Saturday, April 28, 2007

Fears

It was my week to pick the blog topic. I chose to list your biggest fears. Here are mine...

1) My first one is kinda deep. I fear for the future for Taylor and any other kids we have. At Wednesday night church a few weeks ago, we talked about the affect and influence the media has and will have on our children. I think about the shows on prime time tv (violence, sex, language, etc), the ads in magazines, and especially the internet (my space, sexual predators, etc). I know you can't completely protect your children from the media, but I so badly want to put Taylor in a little bubble! I don't want her to make the same mistakes I made (gosh, Mom and Dad, how did ya'll survive with me growing up?). To help me cope with this fear, I do LOTS of praying...praying for her today, of course, but especially for the future. I pray for her future decisions, her purity, her heart and a Godly spouse. I know God will take care of her, but it doesn't completely stop me from having this fear.

2) Terminal illness or sudden death to a family member. Things like this are out of our control, but I still have a fear of it! Seeing Kristin battle cancer was so awful. I wouldn't want anyone I love to have to deal with that!

3) This one is a lot less deep. I have a fear of heights! I can handle roller coasters and airplanes and things where I feel stable, but climbing a ladder, or standing on a roof or a tall building freaks me out. My legs turn to rubber and my stomach starts churning.

3 comments:

Britta said...

I fear for Patrick's future, too. But I think my goal is to be honest with him and talk to him about "scary things" instead of hide them from him. Yeah, #1 is scary.

Averi said...

I am not a good flyer, either! I worry about Thatcher's future...and my future for that matter. I really am scared of everything!

Kerry Kern said...

#1 huge fear for me too~