Tuesday, February 13, 2007

What a Weekend!

Man, I hate it when my babies are sick! Dustin and Taylor have both been sick for a while now! Dustin started feeling bad last Tuesday night...fever, achy body, runny nose, etc. Then Taylor started running a fever on Friday, as said in my previous post. I have suctioned more snot from her nose than I care to do in her lifetime. Poor baby! She can't sleep laying down because she starts coughing and choking, then wakes up crying. So, Friday and Saturday night were spent holding her in the recliner. On Saturday, my dad kept her for a while so I could do bridal portraits for a friend, then go to Southland's basketball game. Southland was playing Ropes to see who would make the play-offs because they were tied for third in district. Unfortunately, Southland lost, but what a game!! Southland had a great crowd and the girls really played hard...it just wasn't quite enough. On Sunday, Dustin's parents came up for the afternoon so we could get some rest. Then, his mom stayed with us on Sunday night and last night. She's been a lifesaver. Dustin's been able to get some sleep, which is the only way he's going to get better, and I was able to sleep so I could be rested for keeping kiddos. Taylor seems to be doing better. I'm so ready for this all to be over!!

Here are some pictures of Taylor from yesterday. She turned 17 weeks old. She is getting so big! Check out the rolls on her legs. My dad calls her "chunky beef." I LOVE it! Even though she's been sick, she always smiles and giggles. She kicks like crazy when she's under her play gym and is getting so close to sitting up by herself.



8 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my goodness! Don't you just want to chew on her little cheeks! I'm sorry it's been such a rough time--I know how that can be!

Jennifer K said...

I hope that everyone is feeling better soon! That has to be rough with your two sick. No fun!

She is precious! I agree with Amy, I could chew on her!

Robby and Lynsey said...

So sorry that they are sick! Hope you don't get it too. She is just adorable ... love the rolls on her legs. ;)

Anonymous said...

You are right. She is precious even when she is so sick.
Family is a lifesaver when you need sleep. Payton is real colicky!

The Steffens said...

SHE IS SO BEAUTIFUL! Her eyes remind me of Staci's! I wish that she wasn't sick!! Chunky Beef....sounds like Dad! LOVE YALL@

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Dustin and my "Chunky Beef" are getting better. I sure enjoy playing with her when I can. I agree with Lindsay about Taylor's eyes looking like Staci's in that picture.

Kim said...

aghhh poor baby, I hate it so much when their sick like that...oh Motherhood!!

However, she is just adorable...those rolls are yummy!! Hope she's getting better!!!

Marta said...

what we do without recliners when babies are sick!! I've spent more nights in a recliner with Darby than I care to admit. So far so good with Sutton! Praying both of your babies feel better and that everyone is getting good sleep!!