Monday, February 19, 2007

5 Favorite Pictures

Okay, so the Blogging Chicks or Simply Us (did we ever finalize the name??) topic this week was your 5 favorite or most memorable pictures. This was SO SO SO hard for me!!! I narrowed it down to 5 faves and 5 runners-up. Here are the top 5, in no particular order...



I have to give credit to Kristin Bednarz Photography for this picture. Kristin took this picture the summer of 2000. She's done lots of photo shoots of the three of us for Christmas pictures and different things. This one was my favorite session and this was my favorite picture from the session. I love the relationship my sisters and I have with each other. We all three have a bond that our husbands will never understand! Love you girls!!

This is my all time favorite picture of Dustin and I. I think because it really captures our personality. We were dating here and were hanging out with friends. We were laughing at how funny our tongues looked, so we took this picture. I think this one will always be in a frame!

This one's kind of a long story. My senior year in High School, Kristin was our "ball girl" for basketball. She gave me strength and a "no quit" attitude before every game...if she could be there running and playing, I could play 32 minutes of basketball, no problem. Before the championship game of the Christmas tournament, Kristin got a HUGE bruise on her thigh from a shot, meaning her platelet count was really low. So, she would not be able to make it to the game. I went by her house before the game and saw her and told her that I would be bringing back a gold medal for her that night. We were playing Levelland in the championship and had not beat them in our tournament since the late 80's (I think). It came down to the last second and I made the winning lay-up. As soon as the buzzer sounded, I looked in the stands and mouthed to my mom, "For Kristin." I was SO excited to bring her the medal that night. I really think the look on our faces says it all!

I loved the summers growing up. I also loved being able to go to my grandparents in Sweeney. This picture was taken in their backyard one summer. The three of us would've all lived in the water if we could have. It looks like we're dancing in this picture...who knows?!

I love this picture of Taylor and Dustin. She is about 2 1/2 weeks old here. We were over at Dustin's parents house and Dustin had been working some really long hours at school. He and Taylor fell asleep on the recliner and the light was coming in through the windows so perfect. I think that they both look so peaceful. Seeing my two favorite people so content makes me feel so good!!

5 Runners-Up

This was on the first night of our honeymoon in Colorado. I think both of our faces show true happiness. I remember that I was so happy to have a break and get away. I had been planning the wedding, moving, and just finished finals two days before the wedding. We had our waitress take our picture after we ate.

This is more about the memory than this being a good picture. In the summer of 2001 (I think) my mom and I went on a mission trip to Singapore with a group from Katy, Texas. I fell in love with two brothers, Jasper and Jethro. This is Jasper. They were both such sweeties! The pronounced my name, "Ally-thon." It was so cute. I almost snuck little Jasper on the airplane with me in my backpack. What an awesome experience this was. You think the intent of going on mission trips is to touch others lives, but I know I was blessed more myself! What a humbling trip!
I love these overalls! I actually don't remember this, but I've always loved the pictures we have in these matching overalls.

This picture was taken in the Tech Coliseum after we won the Regional tournament in 1996. We were on our way to Austin!!!! I love the emotion in this picture. Basketball was a HUGE part of my life growing up. The State Tournament was always a dream of mine. Being able to go and PLAY in the Super Drum in Austin was an experience I will never forget. Taylor is going to get so sick of me talking about this when she gets older!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are all very special pictures in my life and bring back a lot of very memorable moments for me also. I look back and see how proud I am of all three of you girls and what you have become.

Anonymous said...

Pictures like these all bring such special memories flooding back! I think you did wonderful picking only 10. I love looking at all my special memories in the form of pictures from the time you were small until now! Love you lots!

Ashley said...

Those are so great. It made me tear up!

Robby and Lynsey said...

Those are so cute, Allyson! I loved each one of them. You had good favorites! :)

Jennifer Adling said...

Ilove the picture that Kristen took of you and your sisters. What a great photo! They are all good!

Through the Eyes of Kenda said...

I always talk about how posts bring tears to my eyes...well, this one brought me to sobs. I am so glad you posted that one about Tin. I completely forgot about that night. I always knew you had a big heart but I had forgotten how big it truly is. I love first pic of you hot sisters...goodness gracious that's a great picture of you sexy things. The one of Dustin and Taylor is just fantastic. I love looking at everyone's old pictures.

Averi said...

Okay, why does everyone's favorite pictures make me cry? That pic of you and Tin is the best. For sure. WE have an awesome picture of the LEwis girls in a field. Same year?