Sunday, October 15, 2006

Early Labor

That's right, I'm in early labor! And I'm at home blogging!! We went to the hospital last night about 8 b/c my contractions were pretty bad and I was having really severe right belly pain. As it turns out, the right belly pain was contractions. Taylor's just hanging out on my right side, making the pain worse on that side. My contractions stayed between 1 to 4 minutes apart. Some of them were really big (between 70 and 90 on a scale of 100)! The problem is, I can't get past 2 cm dilated. The nurse said it is early labor, but that could last hours, even DAYS!!! The on call doctor had the nurse give me some Vicodin, then sent me on home after 5 hours, since I hadn't dilated any more. The Vicodin helped me to sleep about three hours, but that's it(and they didn't send me home with any extra pain meds). Unfortunately, the contractions haven't picked up in intensity or frequency, so I'm just at home waiting. Maybe I'll take a walk here pretty soon before it rains too much and see if that helps. I've started having back labor, which is no fun. The only thing that keeps me going is the fact that I'm going to get to hold my little girl very soon. I can't believe it!!! If you will, say a little prayer for us. I've been selfishly praying that she decides to make an appearance today.

13 comments:

Averi said...

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please call me if you need anything. Are you still checking your computer? This is crazy. I can't wait! Consider us on standby until we hear from you. Love you!!!

Sue said...

I hear that sex will help it along too! :)

The Steffens said...

She will be here so soon!!! I can't wait! I know that I have been bugging you with all my phone calls, but I a very anxious!! We love yall and will be praying for yall.

Anonymous said...

Oh I wish I was there...I am so excited for you guys...I can't wait to meet her!!!!!

I'll keep praying :-)

Averi said...

Okay...I don't want to call you and ask and ask. Pat talked to your Dad, he said maybe today? I want to meet her so bad. If you are still around checking your computer give me an update. I hope you are at the hospital, though. Al promised to call us, so call him with lots of updates!!!!

Anonymous said...

She is at the hospital right now, Averi!!!!! I just talked to Dustin about an hour ago and they broke her water. My freshmen will be out of her at 2:55 and then I'm on my way!!!! See you there

Marta said...

Congratulations Allyson!!! Praying that labor and delivery were safe and that your little one is healthy and strong! Can't wait to see pics... hope you're getting rest when you can!!! God bless your growing family!

Anonymous said...

I can harldy stand this! A part of me wants to thow on my clothes and head straight to the hospital. It's 11:22 here. Averi? Have you heard anything?

YIPERS! Taylor could be here!

Averi said...

Okay...I hope Ally doesn't mind if I blow the surprise... Taylor got here at 11:11 last night. She was 7 lb. 15 oz. and 22 1/2 inches long!! (whoa baby!!) Mommy and baby are doing great! I am going after work to meet my new great-niece!
(p.s. This info was relayed to me by my husband...so if something is off...blame him!!! hee hee)

Shanta said...

YEAH!!! We just heard the news today! Congratulations Ally and Dustin!!! Ken and I are so proud and excited for you all. Please tell Cowboy and the rest of the family howdy!

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for your new family! We can't wait to meet miss Taylor!

Robby and Lynsey said...

Congrats Allyson!!! I'm so excited for you guys! I hope everything went well and that you are feeling good. We can't wait to see pics of your precious little girl!!

Sue said...

I need to see some pictures of the baby!!