Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Taylor's New Booties

I have a lot of friends at work. Of course, some of them are fellow employees, but many of my friends are the residents that live at Carillon. Today, one of the residents and my dear friend gave me these booties for Taylor. She had knitted them herself. What a special gift! I know these booties were made with love and selflessness. So many of the residents have taught me many things since I've been at Carillon. This woman, in particular, taught me what it's truly like to love your husband. Her husband passed away last year, after over 50 years of marriage. You should've seen her eyes light up while she talked about him and reminisced over the last 50+ years. To this day, her eyes fill up with tears when she talks about what an amazing man he was. So, when I put these booties on Taylor, I'll think of her, her thoughtfulness, and her love for her husband.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those booties are as pretty as you said they were. They will look great on Taylor Faith.

Averi said...

That is the sweetest thing ever! Are you trying to make a pregnant girl cry? I think they are super cute...looks like so much work. I can only hope that people see the same love in my eyes when I talk about Pat now, much less 50 years from now.

Anonymous said...

That makes me want to cry. The booties will always touch your heart b/c of your friendship with that lady. My grandmother passed away 2 years ago, but she had already made my baby's blanket to bring them home from the hospital. These kinds of gifts are never forgotten.

The Steffens said...

Hopefully Taylor will like shoes and aocks better than Britten did! They are way cute!

kristinbednarz said...

Okay...so bawling here.

PLEASE post a klenex warning...
maybe it's just my sensitive time of the month.

HA!

Adorable booties by the way.

April Carrasco said...

I just love those Carrilon ladies! You are blessed to be working there.

Ashley said...

precious!