Monday, November 07, 2005

My Hero


These are my cousins, Kristin and Kelcee. Kristin, the oldest, is my hero. Yes, I realize that she is 8 years younger than me, but she is still my hero! I want to grow up to be just like her. If you knew what she's been through, she'd be your hero, too. She was diagnosed with a non-hodkins form of lymphoma a little over nine years ago. She was eight years old!! She is by far the toughest, most strong-willed person I know. She has been cancer free for almost 7 years now...praise God!!

Her sister Kelcee is the comedian of the family. Any impersonation that you want to hear, she can do. She is witty and very quick with one-liners. She sure kept us going when Kristin was going through treatment. And she still keeps us laughing today. Girls, I love you both so much! It makes me feel old to look at these pictures! :-)




Kristin is now in high school and is a cheerleader. I took Southland's cheerleading pictures this weekend. I am so proud of Kristin and all the things she's accomplished!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I saw her on the news last night talking about Karen and Abner. It was so great. I wondered if there was a relation. How cool!!!

kristinbednarz said...

Hey, Ally. It's Kristin. I was checking my webstats and saw this link and realized you had a blog. OMG! I love blogs!

Can't belive Kristin and Kelcee are so grown up. I had fun reading through the posts and seeing Lindsay preggo and all! Sorry I missed the shower but I've lived in "soccer land" for so long, I think I'm going crazy!

I bookmarked you and hope to visit all the time.

Take care,
Kristin