Friday, October 01, 2010

Fall 2010 Update

The last few weeks have flown by! I cannot believe it's October already!! With time "flying by", my kids seem to be growing like weeds! I measured Taylor back in July (marked and dated it on the wall) and recently felt like she'd really grown a lot since then. So, I measured her last week, and sure enough, she's grown almost an inch in 2 months! As usual, she continues to say things that are wise for her years. Here are some examples...

1 - She told me she was jumping for joy yesterday when we arrived at Pizza Inn
2 - She said "You arrived just in time," when I got out of the shower the other day.
3 - We were looking for Dustin's body wash in Walmart. I picked up a green bottle and she said, "Actually, I think he uses the blue one."
4 - I was talking to my mom on the phone about staying the night in a couple of weeks. I said that Taylor could sleep on the floor. Taylor put her hands on her hips, sighed (dramatically) and said, "I most certainly will not sleep on the floor!"
5 - She also recently asked me what "head over heels" and "exasperated" means.

She's very into learning new things these days. She loves her preschool workbooks, art projects, and learning her letters. She can almost sing the Books of the New Testament, she can say the Pledge of Allegiance and Texas Pledge, and knows the days of the week and colors of the rainbow. I love how excited she gets when she learns something new!

Onto Ryan...He finally got both top teeth in as of a couple weeks ago. It looks so cute when he smiles!! He is practically running. He has no fear of anything and climbs onto everything he can! I cannot believe we haven't made an E.R. trip yet (knocking on wood). He's so busy all the time and doesn't stop unless he's eating or sleeping...or watching Mickey Mouse. I've never seen a kid so glued to a t.v. show as he is to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! He dances and giggles while he watches! He still eats pretty much anything we'll feed him, which is great! He's sleeping wonderful...11 hours at night and 2 naps a day about 1 1/2 hours each. He doesn't say much of anything, but why would he when his sister talks for him and we give him whatever he "grunts" for. :-) He loves it when his daddy comes home. If we are outside, he races down the sidewalk with his arms outstretched. It melts my heart!

Taylor after church a few weeks ago








Ryan watching Mickey in Taylor's Dora chair



Fairy Tale day at the school

Ready for football!

Best Buds, Ryan and Tate

Sweet friends, Taylor and Cali
My kids love Champ the Mustang...especially Ryan!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love all of Taylor's sayings. My girls say grown up things all the time too. She reminds me so much of you and in some of those pics after church, she kind of looks like Stacy... do you see that at all?? Your little guy, however looks just like his daddy!! Miss ya!