Sunday, December 16, 2007

Update

Life in the country has kept me busy! :-) We still don't have Internet at the house, so it's hard to update regularly. But truth be told, it really has been busy in the Wall household! Dustin is full swing in basketball season, now. I am realizing that it was SO much easier last year, when Taylor wasn't mobile and would sleep through most of the games. This year, she thinks she owns the basketball court and tries to run out on it every 10 seconds. I have started keeping her entertained with Dum Dum's. Nothing wrong with bribing your child with sugar to be still, right?! Is three Dum Dum's in one basketball game too many?! Whew, the life of a mom with a 1 year old!!

Dustin's first season as head coach is going really well. I am LOVING all the basketball!! I love to yell at the games, watch film with him, and have the basketball girls over for supper. It's so neat being so close to the school! I have gone down and played with them a couple of times during practice. They kick my butt, but it's fun anyway! After going up and down the court a few times, I sound like a 65-year old smoker! Can you say OUT OF SHAPE?!

Dustin and I also just celebrated our 5th year anniversary. WOW! I can't believe it's been 5 years, already!! It's been such an amazing journey. I am so blessed by him!

Taylor is hilarious these days! She's getting so fast on her feet...we may have a runner in the next couple of months. She continues to talk like crazy and learns new words every day! Her new favorite thing is to sing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider." She's getting pretty good at it! The last couple of months, she's been really clingy and will hardly go to anyone. This makes things very difficult! But in the last week or so, she's really started to get comfortable around other people. I am ready for her to go to people, especially at basketball games! (I say that now, but in a few years, I know she won't even want to sit with me anymore). I have to keep reminding myself that each stage she goes through has it's goods and bads. And this too shall pass!

In other BIG news, Dustin's dad has been approved for brain surgery. He has lived with epilepsy for at least the last 25 years, that they know of. He's had lots of testing done recently, and he has qualified for the surgery. So, in January, he will go to Dallas and have a portion of his brain removed. PLEASE, PLEASE pray for him!! This is an awesome opportunity, but scary at the same time! This could completely change his life and we are so excited for him!

I will leave you with some pictures of the little one. It wouldn't be a post without pictures!!
in her vest from Aunt Staci over Thanksgiving holidays

I think she really looks like her cousin, Britten in this one

Hanging out in the rocking chair


We went to check out some of the Weaver's cotton crop over Thanksgiving break. Taylor wanted to eat it!


8 comments:

Crockett said...

I am definitely going to have to let Jared read this.... He won't let me go to his practice much less say a peep. I always try to put in my 2 cents because I know so much about bball! Merry Christmas
ps i actually miss country livin

Anonymous said...

Taylor looks like she's been pumped up with an air hose in the pictures with the vest. You just want to squeeze her until she pops.
The cotton this year is the whitest
I've ever seen I can see why she wants to eat it.
Love,
Pop Pop

Melody said...

Oh my goodness! She is too cute. I LOVE the cotton pics.

Anonymous said...

Yes, definitely some cute scrappin' pics! (Both the cotton ones and the viest ones!) Can't wait to see how much she enjoys Christmas this year.

Amy said...

The cotton pictures are awesome! I'm so glad y'all are loving the country but we miss you here in the "big city."

April Carrasco said...

Man, she does look like her cousin in the first picture. Too cute!

Emily J.Houchin said...

I am glad Kutter is not the only one that lives in a basketball gym and will go to no one but me! We have to get them together to play!

Ashley said...

I have missed your blogging! Taytay is so precious. I enjoyed your update so much.