Sunday, September 23, 2007

Hero

The CyberSisters topic this week was to tell a little about your hero or your inspiration. It is probably no suprise to most of you that my hero is my younger cousin, Kristin. She is a cancer survivor. Her testimony is powerful and will bring chills all over your body! I will never forget the day she was diagnosed. She cried for quite a while (what 8 year old wouldn't have!), but then she stopped and told her parents it would be okay because she had the best doctors in the world and God would take care of her. Talk about FAITH!! When I think of Kristin, I think of this passage fromthe bible, and am reminded of the kind of faith I should have...

2He called a little child and had him stand among them. 3And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:2 - 4
Thank you Kristinl, for your boldness and your faith! You are such an amazing person!!

2 comments:

Through the Eyes of Kenda said...

okay, you stole mine but that's okay, we can share the same hero. Actually, I have a few more and I will share them on my blog soon.

Kim said...

Agghhhh that's awesome, I totally remember getting the call from Kenda about Kristin....she's an amazing girl for sure!!! Great choice!