Thursday, June 07, 2007

When it rains...it pours!

We had an absolute blast in Georgia this past week! It was a very much needed vacation. We went to Lane Packing, Savanah, Tybee Island, the pool, Lindsay and I got pedicures, and the boys went golfing. We ate at some great restaraunts and had so much fun watching our girls play together. I will post more pictures soon...I promise.

I guess the great vacation was getting me ready for the craziness that awaited us when we arrived home. As many of you know, I have gall stones. I've been having lots of problems with them lately and will be having my gall bladder removed on June 25. On top of the pain of gall bladder attacks, I found out today that I have SHINGLES!!! They are so nasty! I don't have any pain with them, but the doctor said that I don't have any pain YET. So pain is expected. And from those I've talked to that have had shingles, I have heard the pain is pretty intense! I feel like an 85 year old woman...I'm falling apart. :) I also found out yesterday that the two girls I keep are moving. I don't want to say much about it here, but it's kind of a crazy situation for their family. Please say a little prayer for those sweet girls and their parents.

So, as I said, when it rains, it pours! I am hoping now that all of the bad is done and over with. I don't think I could handle anything else! I'm so thankful that it's summer and Dustin is home more. We are going to have lots of fun family time this summer!

12 comments:

Marta said...

I'm so sorry Allyson! No fun! Praying your shingles go away and that your surgery goes smoothly and safely!!! So glad you had a good time with your sister.

Anonymous said...

When it rains, it does seems to pour! But just keep in mind, we are always stronger after going through these things. And there are always those going through rougher times. I love you so much and will be in prayer!

Libby said...

I am so sorry to hear about the troubles, prayers will definitely be said many times for you and for your friends. We hope that things get better in the Wall household soon:)

Ashley said...

WOW! Al, we will be praying for you, your gallbladder, your shingles, and your sanity! LOVE YOU!

Kelli Marchbanks said...

So sorry to hear about your health issues. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you each day. Shingles are very painful. Get what rest you can. Keep me posted.

Britta said...

Shingles are no fun. I've had them, too. Gall bladder surgery is super easy these days. Just a few minor incisions and you'll bee good as new. Just think how much better you are going to feel after it's gone.

Anonymous said...

Thinking about ya...hope everything turns bright and "sunshiney" soon...get well girlfriend

Amy said...

Oh my goodness! Are they removing your gall bladder through your belly button? Andy saw one of those and he said it's cool! Maybe I'll have to squeeze on Taylor for a little while that week just to give you some down time!

Kayla said...

Yuck Ally! I'll be praying for your health and that surgery goes smoothly. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon. I can not tell you guys enough how cute Taylor is! I am praying for you.

April Carrasco said...

Man alive Allyson! I cannot believe all of this is happening. I am so sorry! Please let me know if we can do anything. I'm praying for you.