Sunday, April 08, 2007

MERRY EASTER?!

Wow, this weekend has felt more like Christmas than Easter!! We've had an awesome weekend, though. First, on Friday night Taylor stayed with her grandparents in Slaton, and Dustin and I had the whole night to ourselves! I started out the evening with a bubble bath and a glass of wine, relaxing to some Norah Jones blaring through the house. I wish I could start every Friday evening that way. It was great!! Dustin and I finished getting ready and went to eat at Olive Garden. We had a yummy dinner and great time just talking, catching up, and not having to shovel our food in because one of us had to hold Taylor. We slept in on Saturday (YAY!!), then woke up to the blanket of SNOW!!!! I had heard the forecast, but didn't think we were going to get that much. So, Dustin and I decided to run errands and then head to Slaton and spend the night. We had already planned on spending Easter in Slaton, so instead of driving back and forth with a baby on what could be semi-dangerous roads, we just decided to stay the night with Dustin's parents.


I was so excited to see my baby after only 1 day away! We had a pretty relaxing day on Saturday. We did take Taylor out in the snow in the big snowsuit that Uncle Lonnie and Aunt Suzie gave her (thanks ya'll!!!). She looked like the boy in the Christmas Story. We were going to sit her down in the snow, but she couldn't sit in the suit because it was too big! So, Dustin held on to her while I took some pictures. The wind was pretty bad and made her squint a lot, so the pics aren't great, but it was fun to commemorate her first Easter with snow on the ground! That evening, we were playing with Taylor on the floor and Dustin put his cap on her. She looked so cute and I think she knew it. She was sure posing for the camera. She's started sitting up completely by herself within the last week. She doesn't have to be propped up or steadied...she just sits up when we put her on her bottom! She's also started babbling a lot more and it's so cute. Gosh, I can't believe how big she's getting!

Easter Sunday was great! We went to church with Dustin's parents in Slaton. I saw a lot of people I knew growing up. Taylor was GREAT during the service! Then, we headed to Dustin's aunt and uncles house for good food and some Easter egg hunting indoors. I've had such a relaxing weekend and I'm not ready for the week to begin! I hope you all had a blessed Easter! I'm always thankful this time of year for our Resurrected Savior!


I apologize now for the image overload, but I just couldn't choose which ones were my faves...


My big girl in her "big girl" high chair








11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad ya'll had a relaxing weekend. I can't get over how grown up she acts every time I see her. She sure is pretty in her Easter dress and hat.

Anonymous said...

What a crazy Easter --- with the snow and all. Taylor gets smarter and prettier every time I see her. I'm not sure which is my favorite picture --- I love them all!

Anonymous said...

What a precious little girl. I hoping to come to Lubbock maybe when Lindsey some to town. I would love to see your little princess.
Ya'll are such a beautiful family.

April Carrasco said...

I love the snow suit and the precious hat!

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful family!

Averi said...

She is so pretty...

Emily J.Houchin said...

She is so dang cute. I need to see her in person! and so does Kutter!

Kelli Marchbanks said...

She is just too cute! I love the pictures. She is getting so big! I wish we could be there to see her. Happy Easter!

Kerry Kern said...

You take fabulous pictures....love em all.

Ashley said...

She is so sweet and such a cutie!

Jamie Pitman said...

She is so precious! She looks like you so much! By the way, the teal wall is right outside a parking garage down town on 14th and K . I will share where I shoot a location. I wish others would as well, not quite sure why they don't.