Friday, August 04, 2006

A Case of the Hiccups

I had an interesting case of the hiccups last night. It was interesting because I was not the one with the hiccups...Taylor had them! She kept jumping in my belly, very rhytmically, and it finally dawned on me that she had the hiccups. It was the funniest and coolest thing yet. I wish I could see what she looks like in there with the hiccups. I bet it's pretty cute!

On another interesting pregnant note, my belly button has about 1 mm left before being completely flat. It's so weird!! I'm pretty sure I'll have an "outie" by the time it's all said and done. So many weird things happen to your body when you are pregnant! I have no complaints, though. It's all pretty fascinating to me. I will leave you with a picture of what Taylor probably looks like at 29 weeks. (courtesy of www.verybestbaby.com)

6 comments:

Averi said...

That is awesome! You know how I freak out from time to time? Well, that was the case the other night...and so I was pushing on my belly trying to find the little dude. I found him...and I could feel a little jump...very rythmic as you said. I think it was hiccups...just little bitty hiccups. VERY WEIRD!

Anonymous said...

The best cure for hiccups is to stand on your head and hold your breath for as long as you can. But if your on your head will Taylor be on he feet? Kind of confusing. Ah heck just look at Dustin and it will scare them away.

Jennifer K said...

I loved it when Elise got the hiccups. It is the coolest feeling. By month 9 my entire belly would shake with every hiccup. Jonathan thought it was hilarious. Elise gets the hiccups all of the time now and it still makes me smile!

Marta said...

Kyle was laughing at me today because, in his words, my belly button is "gone." That happened with Darby too but not until about week 35... I'm only at 25 weeks now. Crazy how much faster things happen the 2nd time around! I always thought it tickled a little when Darby had the hiccups... then she had hiccups within an hour after being born, it was weird to witness it without feeling it.

Melody said...

hey allyson...can you email me at melodyaforest@yahoo.com so i can ask you some questions about Carillon? There is a position open in HR and I desperately looking for another job. Thanks!! :)

Averi said...

Am I going to have to wait for your shower before we get another post? I can't wait! What do you want? I need to do some shopping!