Friday, January 27, 2006

The End of the Spear - I recommend it


Last Friday, Dustin and I went to see The End of the Spear. I don't know how much longer it will be out, so I recommend you go see it. It is an amazing story of forgiveness. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this true story, it is about five missionary men that seek to change the lives of the Waodani Indian tribe in Ecuador. This tribe was known for it's violence and killing of other tribes. After the missionaries delivered many gifts by dropping a bucket from Nate Saint's airplane, they decide to land and attempt to make contact with the tribe. After making contact, everything seems fine, then the Indians turn on them and spear all 4 men to death. This is just the beginning of the story. The movie is narrated by Nate's son, Steve Saint. He tells how the tragic day that the men were killed forever changed his life and the lives of all the missionaries' famililies. It also shows how the lives of the Waodani tribe were saved. I thought it was interesting that the producers gained the approval of the tribe. "The tribe agreed that if their story can help others stop killing and live in peace, then they would agree to do the film." Go see it and be blessed...

1 comment:

The Steffens said...

It sounds really awesome. If I ever get time (haha), I will have to go see it. Maybe I will just wait until it is on video!